The MINI Cooper is a popular, small-sized vehicle, produced by the British Motor Corporation. Below, we’ve listed some fun and interesting facts about the MINI.
8 Fun & Interesting Facts About the MINI Cooper
- In 1999, the MINI was voted the second most influential car of the 20th century, behind the Ford Model T.
- All 4 members of The Beatles owned Mini Cooper vehicles.
- The Mini dates back to 1957 and was named for one of the top names in rally racing, John Cooper.
- The Mini was the first car maker to turn the engine sideways in order to create more room inside of the vehicle.
- The BMW-owned MINI is a successor to the hugely popular Mini Cooper produced between 1959 and 2000, but is technically unrelated to the original model.
- The original Mini Cooper was a distinctive 2-door car, designed for the British Motor Corporation (BMC) by Sir Alec Issigonis. Issigonis’ first design sketch for the Mini was drawn on a napkin in Switzerland.
- The record for the most people you can fit into a Mini = 66.
- The Mini came about because of a fuel shortage caused by the 1956 Suez Crisis.
What other fun facts do you know about the MINI? Do you own a MINI Cooper? If so, be sure to see Reliable Import Service for all of your auto service needs; we are one of the top MINI Cooper car repair shops in Raleigh, NC! (919) 821-1077