No matter the season, keeping up with your auto maintenance services is the easiest way to improve the life and function of your automobile, but still, there are those that procrastinate and puts them off. Month after month, if you put off these essential car maintenance services, you may increase your chances of needing expensive auto repair in Raleigh.
In order to save time and money on car repair, and keep your vehicle reliable and dependable, keep up with this simple and essential car maintenance services checklist:
1. Check your oil and get an oil change. Always make sure you have enough motor oil in your car because it keeps your engine lubricated and running smoothly. Having no oil – or dirty oil – is extremely detrimental to your car’s engine, and wears it out very quickly. Checking your oil level before going on a long road trip, and taking your car to an auto repair professional in Raleigh to get an oil change every 3,000-5,000 miles (or as recommended by your car owner’s manual) will save your automobile’s engine.
2. Check your wiper blades. Many times people forget to check or change their windshield wiper blades until it’s too late and already raining. If your wiper blades are leaving streaks and making it harder to see when they are turned on, it’s time to get them replaced right away.
3. Keep the interior of your car clean. A clean car actually improves the way your car drives! Don’t carry excess luggage or weight in your vehicle because it causes added stress to your vehicle and helps you get worse gas mileage. Keep your vehicle’s interior vacuumed as well to help its resale value later.
4. Wash the undercarriage of your vehicle. When you wash the exterior of your car, don’t forget to scrub underneath. The winter months are tough on your automobile, and a lot of salt from the roads gets stuck to your undercarriage. This needs to be rinsed off in order to keep the important mechanics under you car from aging and rusting prematurely.
5. Check your tire pressure and keep your tires inflated. Keeping your tires properly inflated is important for your vehicle safety because it helps your car grip the road better. It also saves you money on gas by increasing your gas miles-per-gallon (MPG). Your tire pressure is especially important to check when the seasons are changing because the change in temperature can affect your tire’s air pressure.
This simple and essential, vehicle maintenance checklist will help keep your car, SUV, or truck running better and help you avoid major repairs and save money on auto repair in Raleigh, NC.